C4-Open 2016 Malmö, Sweden

Over the past weekend (29th, 30th October) I had a pleasure visiting C4-Open 2016 model show in Malmö, Sweden.

Organiser's website

The show itself was very well organised in matching environment of  Technology and Maritime Museum. Over 300 models entered the competition (need I mention the unsurprising abundance of various Saabs?). Trade halls were well stocked (Saabs, Saabs everywhere). Organisers were welcoming and helpful, and from visitor's perspective everything went as smoothly as could be.

I had a privilege of awarding the 'Best of Show' medal on behalf of Irish Model Soldier's Society. Criteria for this award were very clear: the model I liked the best. Regardless of scale, and topic.

Given the quality of display, I really struggled with the choice, eventually  awarding the prize to Christofer Persson's combo of 1/48th scale Saabs (of course!); Viggen and Draken in the 'last flight' livery, displayed together with the period newspaper clip as a base. The models were not only flawlessly built and weathered, but the little tongue-in-cheek detail made my choice a little bit easier.





Attached below random selection of models and dioramas from the show:









































I'd like to thank again to the C4-Open crew for the enjoyable stay in Sweden.

No comments:

Post a Comment